Our Aims and Objectives
Care Wales Gofal Cymru provides support to individuals living in their own home, to assist and improve their wellbeing and quality of life whilst maintaining their independence, dignity and personal choice. Our
aim is to make every day a good day for every one of our service users. We achieve this by providing the best quality of care to every client every day.
Our primary value as a care agency is to deliver person centred care. Our person centred approach ensures that our service users are the centre of attention, with their needs and welfare being our primary priority.
We deliver this standard of care through teamwork, organisation and continuity of service (regular carers that our service users get to know, with a mutual respect and understanding of their needs and care).
We are committed to delivering a quality service at all times, going that little bit further to give our service users a reason to be happy at the end of each interaction.
We prioritise keeping our service users within their community; around family, friends and the local area they love. We will uphold this promise by helping our service users to maintain their health, so that they may connect with their communities. This companionship brings positivity to our service users’ lives, proving integral to our service.
Guided by these values, we look to achieve the following objectives:
- To meet the assessed needs of each service user, based on systematic and ongoing planning of care for each service user, made in conjunction with care managers and other health care
- To promote the independence of our service users through the provision of a professional, reliable and consistent care
- To deliver a service of the highest standard that will improve and sustain the overall quality of life of users of our
- To ensure that the service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non‐discriminatory fashion while respecting each service users right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, and the rights to make informed choices and to take
- To ensure that service user’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood, and disabilities or
- To ensure that the care service in whole is delivered in accordance with agreed purchasing contracts or individual care
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training, retention and personal development to enable the care needs of service users to be
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively to make best use of resources and to maximise value for money for users of our
- To ensure that all staff receive the necessary training and personal development to perform their jobs in the most effective manner in line with Care Wales Gofal Cymru’s
- To match the nominated care / support worker as closely as possible with the service user, and to respect the need to change the care / support worker in the event of subsequent non‐ compatibility.
- To undertake a risk assessment of environmental and ergonomic health & safety hazards within the home of each new service user, and to ensure that areas of concern are duly reported to the purchaser / service Such risk assessments will take into account the right of the service user to take risks.
- To ensure that all service users receive written information on the organisation’s policy and procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments, and how to use.