We recognise that for most service users the most important people in our organisation are the care workers with whom they will have regular contact. Our staff will play a very important role in the service users’ welfare. To maximize this contribution, we will do the following:
- Employ staff who are skilled and experienced in all areas of personal care
- Provide at all times an appropriate number of staff with qualifications in health and social care to ensure that contracts can be met
- Observe recruitment policies and practices, which both respect equal opportunities and protect the service user’s safety and welfare
- Contract our staff to a range of training, including the DIPLOMA programme
We take great care in recruiting, training and supervising our staff. They possess a range of experience and qualifications in the care of older people and people with dementia; mental health problems; physical disabilities; sensory impairment; and those who recovering from illness, are ill, or are terminally ill.
The range of qualifications and training of the care workers employer by Care Wales Gofal Cymru include:
- Structured Induction training encompassing the Code of Professional Practice (For Social Care) by Care Council for Wales
- Moving & Handling, Health & Safety, Infection Control, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults, First Aid & Medication training.
- DIPLOMA (NVQ) level 2 and 3 in Health & Social Care (Adult), and a wide range of mandatory and voluntary care training ‐ ranging from basic skills through to specialist medical
Management & Administration
The person registered with the CSSIW (Care and Social Services Inspectorate of Wales) and the Care Council for Wales as the Responsible Person is:
Care Wales Gofal Cymru Limited,
6A Priory Street,
Diploma Level 5 in Leadership for Health & Social Care Services (Adult’s Management)
Over 20+ years of experience in Nursing & Domiciliary Care Services
- Always engage as registered manager a person who is qualified, competent and experienced for the task.
- Aim for management approach, which creates an open, positive and inclusive
- Install and operate effective quality assurance and quality monitoring
- Work to accounting and financial procedures, which safeguard service user’s
- Supervise and appraise all staff and voluntary workers regularly and
- Keep up‐to‐date and accurate records on all aspects of the agency and service
- Ensure that health, safety and welfare of service users and staff are promoted and protected
Our management and supervisory team comprise individuals with, or working towards, the following qualifications and standards:
- DIPLOMA Learning and Development Awards
- Diploma Level 5 in Health and Social Care (Adults)
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Registered Manager’s Award
Care Wales Gofal Cymru retains a complete record of all qualifications, credentials and experience gained for each staff member.